Did your child chip or crack their tooth? Are they in need of a filling but are worried about how it could change the appearance of their smile? Due to advancements in dental technology and materials, an effective bonding procedure has been developed known as composite fillings, which have been proven to be a more beneficial, safer option for your child. The technology and material that has been developed allows new fillings to bond with your child’s natural teeth in a powerful way. As an added bonus, this makes cracked fillings far easier to repair than in past decades. In addition, composite fillings are custom-made to look and feel like natural teeth, so it will not only restore your child’s oral health but also their beautiful smile.
Composite Fillings Advantages
- They are superior both practically and visually.
- They blend in better with the tooth and the surrounding teeth.
- They require a less invasive procedure.
- They are much stronger.
- They bond better with existing teeth.
- They can fix cracks or chips in teeth.
- They harden within seconds, making the procedure quick.
If your child has previously received fillings that are now cracked, and you live in the Charlotte, NC area, our team at SouthPark Pediatric Dentistry can help you avoid future issues by replacing old fillings with a more visually appealing composite filling. To schedule an appointment, call our office today!